“I am passionate about offering comprehensive, professional, safe, and caring oral and maxillofacial surgery to my clients. I have practiced in Watertown and Gouverneur, NY since 1993 and am proud to have served the communities of the tri-county region of Jefferson, St. Lawrence, and Lewis counties. It has been immensely fulfilling to have provided care to my patients throughout the years, and I look forward to providing an exceptional level of care into the future.” — Dr. Dines
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in biology – University of Pittsburgh
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD) – University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, 1986
- General practice residency – University of Louisville, Kentucky, 1987
- Oral and maxillofacial surgical residency – Medical University of South Carolina, 1987-1991
After completing his surgical training, Dr. Dines moved to West Hartford, Connecticut, where he served patients in a private practice from 1991 to 1993. Then he moved to Watertown and became a partner in practice with Dr. Alvin Bregman, who has since retired. Dr. Dines was joined by Dr. Hiram Garcia-Rivera as a partner in private practice, and both are very excited to continue to offer the best oral and maxillofacial surgery to their patients.
Continuing education is geared to ensure that the doctor is kept abreast of all new topics, research, procedures, medications, and treatment relevant to a practicing oral and maxillofacial surgeon. The education occurs on a continual, life-learning basis to ensure that Dr. Dines delivers the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and safe care to his patients.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons continuing education programs
- New York State Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons annual meetings
- American Dental Association continuing education programs
- American Heart Association Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications
- Journal and periodical reviews through Oakstone Publishing
- Staff member at the Department of Surgery at Samaritan Medical Center, Watertown, NY
- Board certified by the American Board of Oral Surgery and the National Board of Anesthesia
- Member, American Dental Association
- Fellow, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA)
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology (NDBA)
- Member, New York State Society of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Past chair, Department of Surgery at Samaritan Medical Center
- Past president, medical staff at Samaritan Medical Center, 2004
- Member and past chairman of the board of trustees, Samaritan Medical Center, 2004 to present
Outside the Office
Dr. Dines currently lives in Watertown with his wife Michele, a registered professional nurse. Their oldest son recently graduated with a bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in marketing from Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh. Their youngest son Anthony is going into seventh grade.
A Pittsburgh native, Dr. Dines is an avid fan of all Pittsburgh sports: Steelers football, Pirates baseball, and Penguins hockey. He is an enthusiastic supporter of his alma mater, the University of Pittsburgh, and often attends continuing education and homecoming events the university has hosted.