“I am proud to be a part of a practice that has been the benchmark of excellence in care for the North Country for more than 30 years. It is my pleasure to take part in my patients’ lives, and provide our community with optimal healthcare.” — Dr. Garcia-Rivera
- Bachelor’s degree in biology – University of Puerto Rico, 2002
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Puerto Rico School of Dental Medicine, 2006
- General practice residency – Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, Brooklyn, 2007
- Chief resident, implant fellowship – Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, Brooklyn, 2008
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery fellowship – Kings County Hospital Center, Brooklyn, 2009
- Four-year oral surgery residency – Kings County Hospital Center, Brooklyn, 2009-2013
- Resident of the Year award two years in a row
After completing his oral surgery residency in 2013, Dr. Garcia-Rivera entered private practice with Dr. Bruce Dines at Black River Oral Surgery & Implant Center.
An active member of the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and Fifth District Dental Society, Dr. Garcia-Rivera bases his care on research and proven successful treatment. He stays up to date with new materials, equipment, technology, and patient safety concerns.
As part of his commitment to continued training and dedication to providing the best possible patient care, Dr. Garcia-Rivera is actively pursuing board certification through the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- American Association Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Candidate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- Fifth District Dental Society
- Jefferson County Dental Society
- Lewis County Dental Society
Outside the Office
Dr. Garcia-Rivera moved to the North Country in July 2013 with his wife, Dr. Maria Ybarra, a pediatric dentist who practices in the Watertown area. They soon learned to love the area, despite the snow and cold, because of the wonderful people in the area and active lifestyle. Their children, Olivia Maria and Lucas Garcia, are the focus of their attention outside of work, though they do enjoy eating different types of food, attending family and friends’ events, and playing with the family Labrador Retriever, Luna.